Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Les Hooper, 02 May 05:57PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Jim Druckenmiller, 02 May 06:29PM
         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Peter McAleer, 03 May 04:48PM
             Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Bob Hayden-Gilbert, 03 May 10:42PM
                 Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Randy Wayne, 05 May 12:32AM
                     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Laurence Payne, 05 May 09:13AM
                         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Jim Druckenmiller, 05 May 09:38AM
                     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Robin Walker, 05 May 11:35AM

Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius??
Posted by Les Hooper - 02 May 05:57PM
I was told a few months ago by a tech that many of the techs have left Sibelius after the AVID takeover. I now believe that. I have been increasingly disappointed by a lack of technical support and a strong difficulty in reaching a person on telephone calls.
If Avid doesn't wake up, Finali will start stealing customers just like Sibelius did from them many years ago when it was a customer based company. So sad. Maybe this needs to happen to get their attention.
Remaniscent to when FInal Cut stole the video business from their extravagant pricey program!

So wake up Avid!!!

Les Hooper

--
Sibelius 7.1.3 iMac 3.4 Intel Core i7OSX 10.6.8 32 GIG RAM
Digital Performer 8.1 MachFive 3 - EW Gold Pro
JABB 3

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius??
Posted by Jim Druckenmiller - 02 May 06:29PM (edited 02 May 06:59PM)
> So wake up Avid!!!
>

Too late for this sort of thing.

It's like making an appeal directly to the fire, to stop the town from burning down.

Be patient and wait for the next generation to come along. It may still be under the Avid banner, but it sure wont include the current group of executives who created this whole mess in the first place.

There is no solution because there is no problem!!. . . this stuff came about by design and precedent. . . which is why it's so heart wrenching.

And that's an optimistic view, the pessimistic reading of these events isn't fit for this forum.

Posted by Peter McAleer - 03 May 04:48PM
Les, if you want to get informed, take a look at http://www.facebook.com/SaveSibelius.

I'm afraid it's not very good news about Sibelius (in my opinion).

But the team that brought us Sibelius has now been snapped up by Steinberg and are preparing a completely new scorewriter. If you want to know about that, look at http://blog.steinberg.net/

--
Peter McAleer: composer - choral director - teacher - Sibelius user
Sibelius 7.1.2; iMac 3.1 quad + internal ssd; 12 gig memory; OS 10.8.2

Posted by Bob Hayden-Gilbert - 03 May 10:42PM
The idiot at Avid who organised the closure of Sibelius's UK office was moved sideways, out of harm's way. Avid is in serious financial trouble and there's been no development of Sibelius for nearly a year.

Many of the staff at Sibelius UK went to Cubase Steinberg where they're writing a new notation program.

If Avid continues to fail to extricate themselves from this mess, which was motivated by pure greed, then Sibelius will die, unless Avid decide to sell it.

Be on the look out for an announcement of a new notation program from Cubase Steinberg.

--
Mac Book Pro Intel Core 2 Duo. 2.4 GHz, OS 10.7.4, 4Gb RAM
http://www.original-works.co.uk, http://ibegin.info

Posted by Randy Wayne - 05 May 12:32AM
So terribly disappointed in Sibelius 7. It is awkward to use and now it will not load a file that I just completed. 'Unable to load file for writing' stops the program dead. Can I return it?

Posted by Laurence Payne - 05 May 09:13AM (edited 05 May 09:17AM)
That's not an error message I've seen before. What computer system? Did you quote the message accurately?

Make sure you have all the current updates for both Sibelius and Sounds.

Apart from that, if you purchased recently and just don't like the program you'll have to talk to wherever you bought it. Maybe they'll take it back.

Were you a Sibelius 6 user and don't like the Ribbon? Or a new user, finding it hard to get into the program? Or, having heard about Avid, do you just want to get off a sinking ship? :-)

Posted by Jim Druckenmiller - 05 May 09:38AM
> Or, having heard about Avid, do you just want to get off a sinking ship? :-)

Now that you mention it,... I wonder if anyone around here knows how to pilot a submarine?

Posted by Robin Walker - 05 May 11:35AM
> it will not load a file that I just completed. 'Unable to load file for writing' stops the program dead.

Are you sure about the exact wording of that message?

Is this on Mac OS?

It sounds similar to the issues people have when there are incompatible third-party utilities also on the Mac, such as Audio Hijack Pro.

--
Sibelius 7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 7.0.2, Dolet 6 for Sibelius, Windows 7 32-bit SP1, 4GB RAM

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Les Hooper, 02 May 05:57PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Jim Druckenmiller, 02 May 06:29PM
         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Peter McAleer, 03 May 04:48PM
             Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Bob Hayden-Gilbert, 03 May 10:42PM
                 Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Randy Wayne, 05 May 12:32AM
                     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Laurence Payne, 05 May 09:13AM
                         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Jim Druckenmiller, 05 May 09:38AM
                     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: What has happened to Sibelius?? - Robin Walker, 05 May 11:35AM